The Celtic Church: Origins, Development and Themes - for CCEA A Level
Completely updated to cover the current CCEA specification for GCE Religious Studies Units AS 5 and A2 5, this book explores the origins of the Celtic Church in Ireland, its missionary outreach and development in the 5th, 6th and 7th centuries. Tasks and questions are provided throughout. Also includes material on other aspects of human experience.
Why Shop with Colourpoint Educational?
- Dedicated to local education
- Safe and secure ordering options
- Our widest range of books online
- Book Details
This popular book has been comprehensively revised to cover Units AS 5 and A2 5, of the current CCEA Religious Studies specification. It has been through a meticulous quality assurance process.
The text explores the origins, development and nature of the Celtic Church in Ireland in the fifth, sixth and seventh centuries, and considers themes in the Celtic Church, Reformation and Post-Reformation Church.
Included are tasks, practice essay titles of exam standard, and activities highlighting other aspects of human experience.
Areas explored include:
• The Arrival of Christianity in Ireland
• Celtic Monasticism
• Celtic Penitentials
• Celtic Hagiography
• Controversy and Authority
• Missionary Outreach
• Developments and Outreach in Christianity
• Synoptic Assessment Theme: Faith, Morality and the State
A detailed glossary and index are also provided.
- Format: Paperback / Softback
- Published On: 26 March 2018
- Publisher: Colourpoint Educational
- ISBN / EAN: 9781780731117
- Page Count: 344