Learning for Life and Work Home Economics in Close-Up: Key Stage 3
Covering all 3 years of CCEA KS3 Home Economics, this book addresses all of the Statutory Requirements, Cross-curricular Skills and Thinking Skills and Personal Capabilities required by the Northern Ireland Curriculum, as well as the Core Competences identified by the BNF and FSA. Suitable for a broad range of abilities.
Why Shop with Colourpoint Educational?
- Dedicated to local education
- Safe and secure ordering options
- Our widest range of books online
- Book Details
This colourful new resource has been written to cover the theory for all three years of Home Economics at Key Stage 3 level.
Incorporating current legislation, facts and figures, the content addresses:
- all of the Statutory Requirements outlined by the Northern Ireland Curriculum.
- the Cross-curricular Skills, Thinking Skills and Personal Capabilities required by the Northern Ireland Curriculum.
- the Core Competences identified by the British Nutrition Foundation, Public Health England, Food Standards Agency Northern Ireland, Food Standards Agency Scotland and the Welsh Government.
The book is arranged logically, looking at the three Key Concepts of Healthy Eating, Independent Living and Home and Family Life in order. These concepts are divided into individual chapters, each exploring a different topic and containing activities appropriate for a range of ages and abilities. The stand-alone nature of each chapter means that teachers can choose the most appropriate order to progress through the material during the course of three years.
Suitable for a broad range of abilities, this textbook is specifically designed as a building block for both the CCEA Entry Level and CCEA GCSE courses.
- Format: Paperback / Softback
- Published On: 31 August 2015
- Publisher: Colourpoint Educational
- ISBN / EAN: 9781780730899
- Page Count: 90