French Vocabulary Book One for CCEA GCSE
This is the first of four workbooks covering the prescribed core vocabulary for CCEA GCSE French. This book addresses the ‘Identity, Lifestyle and Culture’ Context of Learning. After each list of vocabulary is an exercise with space to write answers, and words and phrases have a suggested English phrase or mnemonic to aid recall.
Why Shop with Colourpoint Educational?
- Dedicated to local education
- Safe and secure ordering options
- Our widest range of books online
- Book Details
This student-led vocabulary book is ideal for any English-speaking student of GCSE French. One of four books written for the CCEA specification, it also covers the AQA, WJEC and Edexcel courses, as the word lists are virtually identical.
As well as the core vocabulary, this book includes:
• pronunciation guides, allowing students to practise alone and improve their listening skills.
• tick-boxes for every word, helping students to track their learning.
• helpful aide-mémoires (memory aids), helping students absorb vocabulary in an entertaining way.
• pre-set consolidation exercises at the end of each section, that can be attempted without teacher guidance. These allow students to check their level of understanding independently.
With this book, teachers can hand vocabulary learning over to their students, giving the teacher more time in the classroom to focus on the challenging grammar. The series can be used independently by students from Year 8 onwards, building over five years to GCSE success. This is particularly useful for schools that need to use remote learning from time to time.
1: Moi-même, ma famille, les relations, les choix (Myself, my family, relationships, choices)
2: Décrire les personnes (Describing people)
3: Les réseaux sociaux (Social media)
4: Les nouvelles technologies (New technologies)
5: Les loisirs (Free time and leisure)
6: Les passetemps (Hobbies)
7: Les animaux (Animals)
8: Les achats et les vêtements (Shopping and clothes)
9: La bijouterie (The Jewellery shop) (Not on the CCEA core vocabulary list)
10: La papetrie (The stationery shop) (Not on the CCEA core vocabulary list)
11: La routine quotidienne (Daily routine)
12: La routine quotidienne – quelques verbes (Daily routine – some verbs)
13: Les coutumes, les fêtes et les célébrations (Customs, festivals and celebrations)
- Format: Paperback / Softback
- Published On: 18 January 2022
- Publisher: Colourpoint Educational
- ISBN / EAN: 9781780732534
- Page Count: 44