Northern Ireland Government and Politics for CCEA AS Level
Written to address Unit AS1 of the revised CCEA Government and Politics specification. Included in the book are tasks, practice essay titles, key terms and concepts, as well as a detailed glossary, index and examination preparation guide.
Why Shop with Colourpoint Educational?
- Dedicated to local education
- Safe and secure ordering options
- Our widest range of books online
- Book Details
This well-researched text was written specifically to address Unit AS1 of the revised CCEA Government and Politics specification. It covers the Government and Politics of Northern Ireland and has been through a meticulous quality assurance process.
It considers the implementation of the Good Friday Agreement, the amendments made in subsequent agreements (St Andrews, Hillsborough and Stormont House) and examines the functions and responsibilities of the Northern Ireland Assembly, the executive and various political parties.
Included in the book are tasks, practice essay titles, key terms and concepts, as well as a detailed glossary, index and examination preparation guide.
Areas explored include:
* The principles, content and implementation of the Good Friday Agreement and the changes made to it by subsequent agreements.
* An analysis of the Assembly, including its three main functions (representation, legislation and scrutiny), and its independence from the Executive.
* A look at the Executive Office and the Executive as a whole - how it disappointed, how it can determine legislation and policy, the divisions within it, and its ability to function as a power-sharing government.
* An evaluation of the Northern Ireland political parties, including their role in government, their respective backgrounds, strategies and policies, and how they have changed since 1998.
- Format: Paperback / Softback
- Published On: 03 January 2018
- Publisher: Colourpoint Educational
- ISBN / EAN: 9781780731131
- Page Count: 100